Quality Assurance and Quality Control
Today’s supply chains have become very complex because of their dependence on global manufacturing and sourcing. Companies derive tremendous competitive advantage by streamlining and improving their supply chains. Product quality, cost-effectiveness, on-schedule delivery, resilience, and risk mitigation are key to better supply chain management. Quality is an important aspect of supply chain management. Ensuring compliance with Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations is also critical for manufacturers, retailers, and Government agencies, throughout the supply chain.
ASR’s experienced, customer-focused teams deliver cost effective, high quality support services using robust, standardized processes and procedures. Using innovative web-based IT systems for Supply Chain Management, QA/QC, and managing geographically distributed teams, ASR ensures quality and uniformity of performance in compliance with the customer requirements. ASR's web-based systems provide 24x7 access to critical data, information, analysis and compliance tracking to enable ASR customers to achieve continuing levels of higher performance and cost reduction.
ASR's Quality Assurance support services aim to assist our customers in ensuring conformance of product, services, processes to requirements with an emphasis on Right First Time, throughout the supply chain, via effective Quality Assurance processes, systems, and policies.
ASR's Quality Assurance support services include:
- Development and implementation of Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Design and development of Quality procedures, processes, manuals, documentation
- Worldwide Auditing Support services of supplier and subtier supplier compliance with quality, regulatory, standards, and other requirements
- Worldwide Expediting and Delivery Assurance support services
- Resident and on-site representation for Quality Assurance activities
- Nonconformance control and management, Development and control of corrective action plans
- Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to identify, understand, and correct and prevent the recurrence of nonconformance
- Review and development of Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP)
- Implementation of Qualified Supplier Certification Programs for self-release of product/material
- Supplier Development, Process Improvements, Implementation of Best Practices
ASR's Quality Control support services serve as the on-site eyes and ears of our customers, ensuring that suppliers are effectively producing products in conformance with customer requirements and providing early detection of nonconformance.
ASR's Quality Control support services include:
- Source Inspection
- Receiving Inspection, In-Process Inspection, Factory Acceptance Test (FAT), Final/Pre-Shipment Inspections
- Third Party Witnessing and Surveillance
- Compliance Inspection to Government and Industry standards, regulations, requirements
- First Article Inspection (FAI)
- Witnessing of Non-Destructive Examination / Inspection / Testing (NDE / NDI / NDT)
- Verification of supplier inventories: materials, equipment, fixtures, tools and spares
- Verification of material traceability, NDE/NDT, Equipment Testing
- Pre-inspection meetings
- Welding, Structural, Electrical, Pressure Vessel Inspection
Compliance Inspections and Audits
ASR professionals perform, coordinate, or supervise inspectional or technical support work in assuring compliance with or enforcement of Federal law, regulations, or other mandatory guidelines. The work requires a knowledge of prescribed procedures, established techniques, directly applicable guidelines, and pertinent characteristics of regulated items or activities.
Often these compliance inspections require evaluative judgment based on the statutory or regulatory (Federal, State, Local) and administrative procedures to varied situations that arise in the course of an assignment. ASR professionals are experienced in all these aspects of compliance inspection and audit support services.
ASR's Compliance Inspection and Audit support services include:
- ASR compliance professionals are available to support US FDA Compliance Check Inspections in accordance with the US Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act).
- ASR compliance professionals are available to support US Department of Transportation Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) compliance inspections / audits.