Effective and efficient Logistics is critical to enabling mission success and sustainment - from support of defense readiness and operations, to retail or manufacturing supply chains, to operations such as energy or resource / oil and gas production. Equipment, material, and personnel must be available when needed and flow to where they are needed, in a cost and time efficient manner, and equipment must be maintained and repaired to maintain operational readiness. Efficient Logistics contributes to a robust, agile, and efficient supply chain that is flexible to respond to unplanned situations and emergencies.
ASR's Worldwide Logistics support services support our Government and Commercial customers with a wide range of Logistics support services throughout the supply chain and throughout life cycles in 50 US States and over 40 countries. Our focus is on improving inventory management, order / shipping accuracy, provide asset management / visibility, technology insertion, enhancing labor productivity through training and deployment of robust process and industry best practices.
Warehouse and Inventory Management
Efficient Warehouse and Inventory Management is critical to the success of supply chain management. It contributes to its robustness, agility, efficiency and responding to unplanned situations / emergencies.
ASR Warehouse and Inventory Management professionals provide support services for:
Receiving, Inspection and Storage
ASR warehousing professionals support the material receiving process including unloading and taking physical custody of material, verifying quantity, documentation, and NSN matches, documenting any discrepancies in formats including Supply Discrepancy Reports (SDR). ASR performs receiving inspections to inspect material condition and compliance with labeling and marking requirements. Upon acceptance of material, ASR performs storage of material according to analysis of size, shape, weight, quantity, storage duration, and other characteristics to determine optimal storage locations, packaging, and configuration. ASR stacks, palletizes, and rotates stock as required to support material storage requirements.
ASR provides material handling support including movement, storage, and control of inventory throughout the logistics process. ASR professionals are experienced and trained in material handling processes, best practices, and operating Material Handling Equipment (MHE) including forklifts, conveyors, cranes, pallet jacks, trucks. ASR is capable and experienced in providing a variety of Material Handling Equipment to support our customer requirements.
Inventory / Supply Management
Knowing what you have, how much you have, and where it is stored is critical to sustaining operational readiness. ASR supports real-time inventory management by implementing industry standard physical inventory control methods including sampling plans, spot counts, and wall-to-wall, following a process of preparation, physical inventory count, reconciliation for conducting inventory of stock. ASR Logistics professionals analyze stock on hand and historical demand and usage to project and recommend optimal stock levels to meet current and future operational needs while reducing cost.
Care of Material and Inspection
ASR provides support and expertise in implementing Care of Supplies in Storage (COSIS) Programs to ensure that material in storage is mainted in ready for use condition and to prevent deterioration of unservicable material, including stock rotation, managing shelf-life items, re-warehousing, and quality control / perioidic inspection of material in storage.
Preassembling individual items into ready-to-ship kits allows for more efficient management and fulfillment of requisition requirements. When related components are pre-assembled, ASR customers see a significant reduction in transportation and handling costs and time when components are kitted and stored in a common warehouse. This also frees up valuable sourcing and expediting time for mission critical components while decreasing excess inventory.
Delivering the right resources to the right place at the right time in a cost-effective manner is critical to maintaining and sustaining operational readiness. ASR's Logistics professionals apply our Government and Commercial Distribution and Expediting expertise gained from providing Logistics and Supply Chain Management support to a wide array of sectors over three decades to support our customers mission critical Distribution requirements.
ASR's Distribution support services include:
- Planning for sustainment distribution support
- Transportation and distribution network planning and optimization
- Embarkation support including load planning, preparing, packing and inspecting cargo for embarkation via air, ship, rail, or truck
- Tracking, tracing, and expediting of equipment and material to meet time definite delivery standards
- RFID tagging and preparation of assets for shipment through the Defense Transportation System
- Technology insertion
- Capacity and performance management analysis and reporting
- Picking and packing of material / equipment
- Container Management including receipt, issue, labeling, and inspection
- Analysis of supply and transporation data and monitoring cargo movements from origin to destination to determine effectiveness and provide metrics on meeting Defense Transportation Timeline
- Maintaining databases to provide distribution data, reports, and analysis to support distribution decision making
- MAGTF Planning support including planning and coordination of movement of Principle End Items (PEI) and associated materials globally using Marine Corps / Navy / DoD transportation processes and procedures, Joint Operation Planning and Execution System (JOPES) as well as ensuring compliance of cargo with theater and DoD requirements for transportation/customs documentation
Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul (MRO)
ASR's Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul services include:
- Maintenance Management, Sustainment, and Repair Planning
- Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Condition Based Maintenance Plus (CBM+)
- Scheduled and Unscheduled Maintenance and Repair of Aircraft, Weapons Systems, Heavy Mobile Machinery to efficiently increase availability and operational readiness
- Organizational and Intermediate Maintenance
- Reinforcement of Cadre/Contractor Augmented Maintenance & Training (CAM&T)
- Support Planning, Coordination, Finance, Accounting, or Technical Tasks to support operational availability and readiness
- Material Control Expediting to support requisition of consumable and repairable materials
- Configuration Management
- Tool Control Coordination to ensure overall tool accountability, functionality, and serviceability
- Subject Matter Expertise and Technical Advice and assistance in technical directives, accident investigations, failure data reports, and material deficiency reports
Logistics Data Management
The availability of accurate, real-time logistics data is critical to effective logistics and supply chain decision making, from acquisition, inventory management, warehouse management, sustainment, and distribution to ensure mission operational readiness.
ASR Logistics professionals are experienced in a variety of Government, Commercial, and DoD Logistics Management systems including SAP, MAXIMO, Global Combat Support System (GCSS), DPAS, Navy-ERP, FEDLOG, HAYSTACK, Automated Logistics Management Support System (ALMSS), and NALCOMIS.
ASR PTS (Project Tracking System) is ASR’s proprietary web-based system for logistics, warehouse/inventory and supply chain management. It leverages ASR’s over 25 years of industry experience and domain expertise. PTS tracks all phases of warehouse and inventory management, including purchase orders, asset visibility, warehouse management, materials management, inventory management, QA/QC activity, and overall supply chain management. PTS also has modules for tracking supply chain quality management, including inspections, audits, supplier management and development, and scheduling.
Real-time analytics, dashboards, and KPI tracking capabilities ensure that customers have real-time business intelligence and visibility into their inventory, warehousing, materials management, and project quality management activity. ASR works with customers to develop custom PTS integrations with their existing warehousing/inventory/materials management processes and requirements.
Learn more about ASR PTS »