QC / Quality Engineer
One of ASR International Corporation's clients has an immediate requirement for a QC / Quality Engineer.
Interested candidates please review the opportunity description below, and apply online through the link below, or by emailing email@example.com along with a latest copy of your resume.
TitleQC / Quality Engineer
TypeFull Time, Contract
Agency NameU.S. Government Publishing Office (GPO)
LocationGPO Headquarters, Washington, DC
Scope of WorkResponsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Plan, investigate and coordinate the implementation of projects designed to improve product quality and process improvements, reduce costs, design process controls utilizing technological improvements. Assignments involve advanced work in areas of quality control engineering, such as design of experiments, analysis of incoming material, process control, data analysis, product process evaluation, product reliability, automated testing systems and research and development.
- Recommend, design and conduct quality and process improvement projects and actions such as six sigma projects, lean manufacturing methodologies, root cause analysis and other industry best practices to maximize production, reduce waste and cost and improve efficiencies.
- Serves as a project manager SME consultant to develop solutions to technical problems and quality issues. Provide advice, conduct data collection, analyze results, recommend solutions and measure post solution metrics for proof of statistically significant improvement to a process. Coordinates project planning, reporting, as well as pre and post-project analysis activities for Security and Intelligent Documents section of GPO to ensure that quality related project deadlines are met, commitment are fulfilled, and that optimum use of resources and efficiency of project are maintained.
- Outlines priorities and deadlines for process improvement and quality control issues, makes recommendations to project schedules and operations when necessary. Recommends to the Production Manager, Security and Intelligent Documents and 4 other Security and Intelligence Document Managers the required commitment of resources to initiate, conduct, intensify, extend and complete planned project work.
- Conducts necessary studies, analyzes results and proposes necessary recommendations covering all aspects of manufacturing quality control processes and quality assurance systems. Evaluates, recommends, and oversees changes, either system, methods, statistical process control, equipment or procedures within guidelines to accomplish process improvements. Applies mathematical optimization, statistical methods and computer simulation analysis techniques to model systems and processes to aid in the decision making process.
- Conducts formal and informal briefing sessions to present system concepts and/or project status. Prepares and publishes reporting for management and operation personnel for Supply Chain and Facilities processes that feed into the organization's Key Performance Indicators (KPI) process.
- Develops improved manufacturing strategies employing appropriate levels of automation and electromechanical solutions. Evaluates manufacturing layout concepts and recommends equipment arrangements to maximize throughput with minimum work-in-process.
- Maintains awareness of latest developments in related production engineering methodologies through seminars, trade publications, trade conferences, and with other government agencies, private industry, engineering societies and academia.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge of computer systems, design, computer hardware/software architecture and advanced state-of-the-art manufacturing technologies in accomplishing project assignments.
- Reads, interprets, and applies technical data such as blueprints, engineering drawings, product specifications and technical manuals.
Qualifications Required for the Position
- The QC Engineer will have at least 10 years of experience working in fast paced, production and manufacturing facilities and environments in the areas of operational and process improvements and quality control projects and programs.
- The QC Engineer will have demonstrated skill in implementing engineering and process improvement tools and techniques in a mid to large-sized, deadline-driven manufacturing operation to improve efficiency and reduce cost
- Familiar with the Quality processes and tools used in production / manufacturing environment:
- ISO 9001
- Root Cause Analysis
- Pareto Charts
- Lean Processes
- Six Sigma
- Design of experiments for quality control
- Education: The QC Engineer will have no less than an Bachelor of Science (BS) engineering degree based in a science specialty such as Chemical Engineer, Physics Engineer, Electrical Engineer and/or specific manufacturing engineering areas of study such as Quality Engineer, Operations Engineer, Production and Mechanical Engineer. A postgraduate degree (Masters or PhD) in any of these areas is preferred.
Security Clearance / Background Check required. Your candidacy is subject to customer approval and acceptance.
ASR International Corporation is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company and assessed at SEI CMMI Level 3, providing technical services to Government agencies, aerospace, marine, petrochemical and oil & gas industries since 1986. We provide Quality Assurance (QA), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Information Technology (IT), Engineering Support Services.
ASR EEO Policy
ASR is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment and promotion decisions at ASR are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. ASR’s hiring and employment practices are not influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, ancestry, ethnicity, physical or mental handicap / disability which is unrelated to job performance, sexual orientation or any other characteristic / classification protected by law. ASR encourages qualified women, minority, disabled, Vietnam Era Veteran, Special Disabled Veterans, Newly Separated Veterans, Protected Veterans, American Indians or Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander candidates to explore employment opportunities with ASR.