Logistics Support Analyst
One of ASR International Corporation's clients has an upcoming requirement for a Logistics Support Analyst.
Interested candidates please review the opportunity description below, and apply online through the link below, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org along with a latest copy of your resume.
TitleLogistics Support Analyst
TypeFull Time, Contract
Agency NameUS Naval Medical Command
LocationNorfolk Naval Station, Norfolk, VA
Scope of Work
Logistics and Biomedical Engineering support tasks involve onsite clerical and technical work to support the management and procurement of medical and dental equipment, supplies, and services. The contractor shall acquire a strong understanding of the Operational Forces Support Directorate’s operations in managing the outfitting, modernization and life cycle sustainment of medical and dental equipment and other materiel onboard navy ships and shore based operational Navy units.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for developing, coordinating and managing Authorized Medical Allowance Lists (AMALs) and Dental Allowance Lists (ADALs) for Naval Operating Forces.
- Utilize various Department of Defense (DoD) and commercial information systems to perform maintenance and research of AMAL and ADAL content to manage technical logistics data.
- Provides data input of AMAL and ADAL allowance changes in supporting the Health Services Support (HSS) mission in accordance with the Required Operational Capabilities (ROC) and Planned Operating Environment (POE) for each ship class.
- Provides technical guidance to military and civilian personnel of Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Troop Support - Medical, Defense Health Agency (DHA), U.S. Army Medical Materiel Agency (USAMMA), Naval Warfare Information Center (NIWC), Naval Supply Systems Command Weapons Systems Support (NAVSUP - WSS), U.S. Navy Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED), U.S. Air Force Medical Readiness Agency (AFMRA), U.S. Marine Corps Systems Command (MARCORSYSCOM), Fleet Headquarters, Type Commanders and/or others as required.
- Provide recommendations to the immediate supervisor and/or team members as required, defining solutions to effectively manage logistic information system database, promote system enhancements, and streamline logistic support and materiel data processing times supporting Class VIII materiel management.
- Assist in the Materiel Maintenance Management (3M) program for Navy ships. Provides input for configuration managements, development, and/or revision of Maintenance Index Pages (MIP) and Maintenance Requirements Cards (MRC) through review of Medical and Dental Assemblage lists, ship arrangements drawings, specifications and standards evaluation, shipbuilder specifications.
- Coordinate with Fleet Type Commander(s) and NMLC Operational Forces Support staff as an operational platform management technical point of contact to collaborate on projects.
- Support NMLC Operational Forces Support Procurement Managers in developing cost estimates from various data sources in support of new construction and in-service ship materiel outfitting.
Qualifications Required for the Position
- Education - A High School Diploma or equivalent with 3-4 years of relevant experience or possess a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Security Clearance - Secret
- Must be a US Citizen
- Familiarity with the DoD and Navy supply and logistics operations in providing medical materiel logistics support for ships undergoing modernization and equipment life cycle sustainment on active duty ships. Also an understanding of medical and dental equipment, supplies, and services and possesses the ability to differentiate by vendor, brand model, and solicitation and/or requisition categories.
- Knowledge of the relationship of procurement considerations, IT systems and files, provisioning, transportation, storage, cataloging, maintenance and repair, disposal, etc. to provide a life cycle and logistics program management.
- Knowledge and operational understanding of the following DoD logistics databases. These include but are not limited to:
- Department of Defense- Federal Mall (DoD FedMall)
- Web Federal Logistics Information System (WEBFLIS)
- Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (DMLSS/LOGICOL)
- Defense Medical Logistics Item Identification System (DMLIIS)
- Medical Contingency Requirements Workflow (MCRW)
- Familiarity with various DoD sources of supply to effectively determine source selection for optimal medical materiel logistics supportability.
- Ability to coordinate and develop plans of actions and milestones to effectively monitor and assure effective supply and program support.
- Familiarity with common technical terms and specifications relative to medical products, supplies and services, and the ability to effectively communicate these with vendors and/or customersAbility to enter logistics data in electronic systems accurately and quickly.
- Ability to communicate with the customer and provide an exceptional level of customer service.
- Knowledge and skills in using a variety of automated computer software applications (including Microsoft Office Suite), as well as office automation keyboarding or typing skills, for the performance of duties.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a specified time.
- Ability to learn and effectively utilize the following NMLC applications. These include but are not limited to:
- Fleet Procurement Program (FPP)
- Navy Allowance Information Logistics System (NAILS)
- Allowance Change Request (ACR)
- Assemblage Management Program (AMP)
Security Clearance / Background Check required. Your candidacy is subject to customer approval and acceptance.
ASR International Corporation is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company and assessed at SEI CMMI Level 3. ASR provides services to Government and Commercial clients throughout the USA and 40 countries worldwide. ASR services include Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Integrated Product Support, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, and Quality Assurance / Quality Control.
ASR EEO Policy
ASR is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment and promotion decisions at ASR are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. ASR’s hiring and employment practices are not influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, ancestry, ethnicity, physical or mental handicap / disability which is unrelated to job performance, sexual orientation or any other characteristic / classification protected by law. ASR encourages qualified women, minority, disabled, Vietnam Era Veteran, Special Disabled Veterans, Newly Separated Veterans, Protected Veterans, American Indians or Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander candidates to explore employment opportunities with ASR.