Configuration Management Specialist III
One of ASR International Corporation's clients has an upcoming requirement for a Configuration Management Specialist III.
Interested candidates please review the opportunity description below, and apply online through the link below, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org along with a latest copy of your resume.
TitleConfiguration Management Specialist III
TypeFull Time, Contract
Agency NameNaval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC)
LocationNUWC Newport, Newport, RI
Scope of WorkResponsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide Configuration Management technical services in support of submarine Electromagnetic (EM) Systems Programs at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Newport RI.
- Utilize workflow tools such as iPDM and CDMD-OA to identify and report the baseline physical and functional characteristics for submarine Electromagnetic and electro-optical systems and related equipment.
- Track, document and report the status of Engineering Change Documentation (ECD) provided as GFI related to the functional, allocated and product baselines.
- Utilize iPDM, CDMD-OA, CIDMS and other pertinent Logistics/Configuration Management Systems and workflow tools when performing Configuration Status Accounting (CSA).
- Perform physical and functional configuration audits and provide technical finding reports.
- Update CSA changes provided as GFI to CIDMS.
- Gather, process, analyze, reconcile, enter systems engineering data, fleet modernization data and facilities configuration data into appropriate databases.
- Review Engineering Change Drawings to identify inconsistencies and recommended changes/updates.
- Communicate clearly and maintain good working relationship with peers and customers at all technical levels.
Qualifications Required for the Position
- Bachelor degree in a related field is preferred. A lesser degree, combined with additional years of significant, relevant work experience may be considered
- Minimum of three years of experience directly related experience providing Configuration Management services to a DoD technical system or program.
- Fundamental understanding of all Integrated Product Support (IPS) elements is preferred.
- Knowledge of Configuration Management software and databases that include Navy Enterprise Resource Planning (NERP), Technical Data Management Information System (TDMS), Interactive Computer-Aided Provisioning (ICAPS), Configuration Data Manager Database – Open Architecture (CDMD-OA), Navy Date Environment (NDE) and Configuration Identification Data Management System.
- Must Possess an active Department of Defense (DoD) SECRET personnel security clearance.
Security Clearance / Background Check required. Your candidacy is subject to customer approval and acceptance.
ASR International Corporation is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company and assessed at SEI CMMI Level 3, providing technical services to Government agencies, aerospace, marine, petrochemical and oil & gas industries since 1986. We provide Quality Assurance (QA), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Information Technology (IT), Engineering Support Services.
ASR EEO Policy
ASR is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment and promotion decisions at ASR are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. ASR’s hiring and employment practices are not influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, ancestry, ethnicity, physical or mental handicap / disability which is unrelated to job performance, sexual orientation or any other characteristic / classification protected by law. ASR encourages qualified women, minority, disabled, Vietnam Era Veteran, Special Disabled Veterans, Newly Separated Veterans, Protected Veterans, American Indians or Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander candidates to explore employment opportunities with ASR.