One of ASR International Corporation's clients has an immediate requirement for a Mechanical Engineer.
Interested candidates please apply along with a latest copy of your resume by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Tobyhanna Army Depot
Tobyhanna Army Depot, Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania
Scope of Work
- Perform mechanical engineering functions concerning the design, development, modification, fabrication, assembly, and testing of electronic or electro-mechanical equipment and systems.
- Use Computer Aided Engineering software to develop models, assemblies, manufacturing drawings/sketches/wiring diagrams and Technical Data Packages.
- Use Enterprise Resource Planning System to create/maintain production data (labor hours, cost center number, setup time, etc.), inspection requirements, Bill of Materials, Material Masters, and fabrication routes.
- Serve as technical consultant regarding the feasibility of proposed projects, for the fabrication or modification of equipment.
- Attend meetings or conferences to exchange information, formulate/develop requirements, present proposals, make recommendations, and participate in decisions based on the application of standard engineering principles and practices.
- Prepare analyses/estimates of cost, time and facilities required for management use in bidding, accepting, scheduling, and funding new work.
- Prepare specifications and provides cost estimates, suggested sources and lead time to Purchasing and Contracting functions for the procurement of needed items/equipment/tools. Authorizes suitable substitutes for unavailable material and parts when necessary.
- Serve as consultant to shops providing troubleshooting assistance and/or help to solve technical/logistic problems which can impede production. Problems can include repair standard analysis, Technical Manual/Order interpretation/change requests, Modification Work Order interpretation/change request, test equipment substitution.
- Develop detailed outlines of tests to be performed, test methods to follow, equipment to be used and performance to be achieved on mission production equipment.
- Conduct tests of new and existing equipment which may require modification and/or design of special test equipment, and prepares test procedures as required.
- Prepare detailed installation and procedure instructions to be followed by depot and/or field personnel.
- Recommends changes, and prepares progress reports and correspondence as required.
- Assists the Engineering Laboratory Technicians in the measurement and evaluation of the mechanical characteristics of locally designed and/or fabricated items or components.
Skills and Knowledge Required for the Position
- Four year BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university. Accreditation of educational institution must come from an institution recognized by either the USDE or the CHEA.
- Three years of relevant experience. Additional education (MA/PhD) may be substituted for up to 1 year experience.
- Experience with any or all of the following: test instrumentation, servo-mechanisms, data transmission systems, computing devices, industrial controls, radio, microwave components/systems, radar systems, guided missile controls, communication/networking equipment.
Security Clearance / Background Check required. Your candidacy is subject to customer approval and acceptance.
Established in 1986, ASR International Corporation (ASR), is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company, provides worldwide Technical Support Services in the fields of Supply Chain Quality Management, Engineering, Information Technology, Project Management, and Administrative Support to commercial customers and Government agencies. ASR's Corporate Office is located in Hauppauge, Long Island, New York.
ASR is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment and promotion decisions at ASR are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. ASR’s hiring and employment practices are not influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, ancestry, ethnicity, physical or mental handicap / disability which is unrelated to job performance, sexual orientation or any other characteristic / classification protected by law. ASR encourages qualified women, minority, disabled, Vietnam Era Veteran, Special Disabled Veterans, Newly Separated Veterans, Protected Veterans, American Indians or Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander candidates to explore employment opportunities with ASR.
If you are interested and feel you are qualified, then please forward your most current detailed resume to email@example.com