One of ASR International Corporation's clients has a requirement for an Administrative Assistant.
Interested candidates please apply along with a latest copy of your resume by emailing email@example.com
Naval Postgraduate School - Adaptive Optics Center of Excellence (AOCOE)
Full Time, Contract
Scope of Work
To provide research program administrative support to the AOCOE (Adaptive Optics Center of Excellence) and to track the centers budget and prepare budget summary reports. The duties would include, but are not limited to: operating office machines; storing, distributing, AOCoE internal reconciling of accounting for procurements and equipment; distributing mail and delivering messages, tracking travel orders, and internal funds status of sponsored funding sources and attend weekly AOCOE staff meetings to review all aspects of the administrative tasks.
A list of detailed responsibilities is outlined below:
- Shall provide general administrative tasks as needed in support of AOCoE such as coordinating and maintaining the center’s schedule of events, records management, meeting schedules, announcements and routing of documents, answering the telephone, drafting emails and correspondence.
- Shall provide travel support to the Centers faculty by coordinating travel request and monitoring the AOCoE internal travel budget for approximately 4 trips for 2 staff members per year
- Shall enter and track Government approved purchase requests, Military Interdepartmental Purchase Request (MIPR), Reimbursement for Expenditure, Standard Forms (SF1164 and SF1034) documentation in the NPS internal routing system, KFS.
- Shall coordinate with NPS warehouse for deliveries of AOCoE/SRDC purchases and develop and maintain an archival system of all AOCoE/SRDC procurement requests and awards.
- Shall compile, maintain and track internal fiscal information of the Center from the NPS data base and tracking of procurements, prepare reports and present results at weekly meetings.
- Shall prepare internal budget report weekly and monthly to include all internal account balances and expenditure.
- Shall analyze and compare the accuracy of the internal budget information and coordinate the AOCoE’s budget with the Government Sponsored Programs Administrator (SPA) for budget status and reconciliation. Any discrepancies shall be corrected within the AOCoE internal accounting trackers.
- Maintain a schedule of events, meeting schedules, announcements, and document routing sheets
- Coordinate travel requests in DTS and tracking the Centers internal travel budget
- Internal tracking of purchase submissions, MIPRs, status reports into KFS, and internal purchase status reports
- Maintain a working internal inventory of all the items/orders received and compare to existing Government inventory
- Internal fiscal analysis and budget review documentation including financial obligations, expenditure lists/balance summaries that are analyzed and compared with Government SPA budgets and reconciliation records.
- Weekly internal budget summaries including commitments, obligations, expenditures and balances updated and reconciled in accordance with the Government SPA records.
- Budget reports to reconcile financial balances, transactional discrepancies in accordance with the Government SPA records.
Skills and Knowledge Required for the Position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Accounting
- Minimum of three years’ experience in an administrative assistant role in a government, military or academic setting.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in the use of Microsoft Office Suite software (to include Word, Excel. PowerPoint And Outlook).
- Minimum of two years’ experience using Kuali Financial System (KFS) and Defense Travel System (DTS).
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with Microsoft Excel to compile financial data and prepare spreadsheet reports.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with government budgetary and accounting principles and procedures.
- Minimum of two years’ experience with DoD/DoN systems (STARS, FASTDATA, KFS or equivalent) to prepare budget reports and expenditure charts.
- Minimum of three years’ experience using office machines such as fax machine, printers, and scanners.
- Minimum of one-year experience with the DoD procedures (DD1149) for the invoice, requisition and shipping of Government property.
- Must have current Government background checks and be eligible to access Government systems
- Should be familiar with DoD invoice, requisition and shipping of Government property (DD1149) procedure, and shall provide shipping/receiving assistance to AOCoE staff, by maintaining a working inventory of all the items/orders received.
Security Clearance / Background Check required. Your candidacy is subject to customer approval and acceptance.
Established in 1986, ASR International Corporation (ASR), is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company, provides worldwide Technical Support Services in the fields of Supply Chain Quality Management, Engineering, Information Technology, Project Management, and Administrative Support to commercial customers and Government agencies. ASR's Corporate Office is located in Hauppauge, Long Island, New York.
ASR is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment and promotion decisions at ASR are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. ASR’s hiring and employment practices are not influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, ancestry, ethnicity, physical or mental handicap / disability which is unrelated to job performance, sexual orientation or any other characteristic / classification protected by law. ASR encourages qualified women, minority, disabled, Vietnam Era Veteran, Special Disabled Veterans, Newly Separated Veterans, Protected Veterans, American Indians or Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander candidates to explore employment opportunities with ASR.
If you are interested and feel you are qualified, then please forward your most current detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org