One of ASR International Corporation's clients has an immediate requirement for a Material Coordinator.
Interested candidates please review the opportunity description below, and apply online through the link below, or by emailing email@example.com along with a latest copy of your resume.
TypeFull Time, Contract
Agency NameFleet Logistic Center Norfolk (FLCN) Saratoga Springs (STGS)
LocationFleet Logistic Center Norfolk (FLCN) Saratoga Springs (STGS), Saratoga Springs, NY
Scope of Work
Provide support to Fleet Logistic Center Norfolk (FLCN) Saratoga Springs (STGS), NY for the Hazardous Material (HAZMAT) or (HM) program, disposition of excess property, inventory control, all shipping and receiving functions, mail processing, MHE.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform the duties of HM Coordinator to include:
- Liaison with work center representatives to identify HM needs. Ensure compliance with Hazardous Materials Control and Management (HMC&M) Program and Hazardous Communication (HAZCOM) requirements by coordinating with FLCN Groton HAZMAT Minimization Center (HMC) and 3PL providers.
- Receive, classify, store, issue, and maintain Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) on all HM.
- Process all HM procurement transactions and maintain records of all HM issued to customers utilizing the Warehouse Operations, HMC Supply Tech, and Inventory Display roles in Navy Enterprise Resource Program (NERP).
- Perform semi-annual inventory of all HM to reduce/minimize the amount of HM in use.
- Maintain Authorized Users Lists (AUL) for 15 work centers/tenants /contracted vendors and review with them to minimize generation of Hazardous Waste (HW).
- Provide an outstanding container listing to work center representatives and conduct follow up.
- Conduct semi-annual inspections of all work centers.
- Develop and implement initial and annual refresher HM training programs.
- Provide semi-annual review of HMC&M program to the Supply Site Director (SSD).
- Address issues/concerns affecting the occupational health and well-being of personnel with the Newport Safety Office.
- Ensure that required labels are applied to all HM containers prior to issue.
- Process disposal of all unused HM in compliance with all federal, state, and local requirements.
- Research and classify excess property according to the Federal Stock System and appropriate Defense Logistics Agency Disposition Services (DLADS) codes. Create documents for transportation of government material i.e. DD Form 1348 and DD Form 1149. Arrange transportation of excess property for disposal or reutilization. Maintain accounting records of material disposed in accordance with DLA standards.
- Store all classes of material in proper storage locations in accordance with 41 Code references of federal regulations (CRF). Ensure material is stacked and rotated under the first-in-first-out (FIFO) concept. Ensure inventory accuracy via comparison of databases.
- Research and screen material requirements and status in databases including Federal Logistics Information System (FLIS), FEDLOG, Hazardous Materials Information Resource System (HMIRS), Navy Logistics Library (NLL), One Touch, and Navy ERP.
- Oversee the receipt and delivery of all incoming official mail and parcels received from U.S. Postal Service and/or various small package and express carriers and process all outgoing mail utilizing Pitney-Bowes or equivalent machines to apply postage. Annotate and sign receipt and other control documents, verifying that listed items match those actually received in Goods Receipt transactions in Navy ERP.
- Coordinate the movement of material to and/or from the receiving, shipping, and other storage and staging areas utilizing common hand tools and complex, difficult-to-maneuver, multi-functional MHE with up to 6,000-pound capacity. Build pallet loads to facilitate storage. Make use of banding, stretch or shrink wrapping, or other appropriate methods to secure material as required. Comply with established security, safety, environmental, and equipment utilization requirements during all such evolutions.
- Direct the loading and offloading of all classes of material, including those designated as hazardous, onto or off trucks, vans, and other conveyances with various types of powered or non-powered Materials Handling Equipment (MHE) ranging from common hand tools to mechanized equipment in accordance with OSHA regulations. Ensure daily pre-operational inspection of MHE, as well as basic planned maintenance prior to operation.
- Use automated systems as required for tracking material deliveries, receipts, and shipments.
- Perform a broad range of issue and delivery assignments with representatives of Naval Support Activity (NSA) Saratoga Springs and other local activities, customers, and tenants.
Qualifications Required for the Position
- Understanding of standard warehousing and supply operations concepts related to shipping, receiving, issue, and storage, plus incidental related use of automated data programs germane to these concepts.
- Detailed knowledge of postal rates and classes and of classes of shipment via various small package express shippers, as well as related operation of Pitney-Bowes or
- Equivalent machines for application of postage labels to outgoing packages.
- Ability to pack and seal shipping boxes securely for multiple movements and possible long-term storage.
- Working knowledge of guidelines, especially those directly related to supply operations concepts.
- Ability to operate forklifts and other types of MHE with capacity up to 6,000 pounds, as well as pallet jacks and hand trucks.
- Ability to operate on an incidental basis, two axle, straight –frame pickup trucks or light vans, with or without automatic transmissions, per vehicle specifications and in accordance with on-base and state driving regulations and to properly place on board, transport and remove cargo loads of varying sizes.
- Ability to use powered and non-powered hand tools as needed to facilitate movement of material into and out of storage locations, building pallet loads which will ensure safe and stable storage conditions, and/or ensure future access to stored material.
- Must possess all required licenses and certifications for operation of MHE and motor vehicles, and shall produce any and all such licenses, certifications, and training and other related records, in accordance with Naval Supply Systems Command (NAVSUP) Publication P538, “Management of Materials Handling Equipment (MHE) and Shipboard Mobile Support Equipment (SMSE),” chapter 4, paragraph 4-3.
Security Clearance / Background Check required. Your candidacy is subject to customer approval and acceptance.
ASR International Corporation is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company and assessed at SEI CMMI Level 3, providing technical services to Government agencies, aerospace, marine, petrochemical and oil & gas industries since 1986. We provide Quality Assurance (QA), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Information Technology (IT), Engineering Support Services.
ASR EEO Policy
ASR is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment and promotion decisions at ASR are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. ASR’s hiring and employment practices are not influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, ancestry, ethnicity, physical or mental handicap / disability which is unrelated to job performance, sexual orientation or any other characteristic / classification protected by law. ASR encourages qualified women, minority, disabled, Vietnam Era Veteran, Special Disabled Veterans, Newly Separated Veterans, Protected Veterans, American Indians or Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander candidates to explore employment opportunities with ASR.