One of ASR International Corporation's clients has an immediate requirement for a Item Master.
Interested candidates please review the opportunity description below, and apply online through the link below, or by emailing email@example.com along with a latest copy of your resume.
TypeFull Time, Contract
Agency NameNaval Supply Fleet Logistics Center San Diego (FLCSD)
LocationNaval Base Coronado, San Diego, CA
Scope of Work
The Item Master shall accept requests for new items or vendors from NAVFAC or FLCSD designated representatives, research the item or vendor, enter the item or vendor into MAXIMO, generate reports, update databases and manage item and vendor data.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Shall accept requests for new items or vendors from NAVFAC or FLCSD designated representatives, research the item or vendor, enter the item or vendor into MAXIMO, generate reports, update databases and manage item and vendor data.
- Shall receive and review up to 1400 item requests biweekly for required information that includes fields such as Nomenclature; National Stock Number; Manufacturer/Company; Model Name/Number; Serial/Catalog/Part Number; Unit of Issue; Suggested Vendor; Estimated Price; and Technical Specifications.
- Shall ensure item information is sufficient to conduct research finding existing items in MAXIMO.
- Shall receive and review up to 50 vendor requests biweekly for required information that includes fields such as Company Name, Company Address, Company telephone/fax numbers, Point of Contact, etc. Shall ensure vendor information is sufficient to create a new vendor entry in MAXIMO.
- Shall contact the requestor to obtain the missing information and/or conduct independent research to obtain missing/additional information(s) by accessing Internet sites, DoD sponsored databases, and/or information services.
- Shall enter requested vendors in MAXIMO with required vendor information in their appropriate fields, and generate database reports.
- Shall report completion of requests, via e-mail responses, indicating the corresponding vendor ID that was/were available in Maximo or updated/modified with the requests or that new vendor ID(s) has/have been created for the request.
- Shall create, maintain and update daily, a tracking tool for created items and vendors, and provide access to the same to the COR. Shall provide a weekly report that highlights the number of item and vendor requests that were received and processed, and the outcome of the requests.
Qualifications Required for the Position
- Knowledge of governing supply regulations, policies, procedures, and instructions applicable to the specific assignment.
- Ability to conduct extensive and technical searches for information and material and to construct records for item management.
- Working knowledge of property inventory techniques, maintenance of asset records, and accountability.
- Knowledge of local, Navy and Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) automated systems, e.g., WebFLIS, FEDLOG, OneTouch, Federal Supply Class Assignment, DoD eMall/FEDMall, GSA Advantage and Maximo supply systems.
- Skill in use of standard office machines, computers, printer, multi-functional devices, digital senders, and calculators.
- Experienced in Customer Service.
- Employees shall have the ability to type a minimum of 45 words per minute and be skilled in using Microsoft Office Professional applications including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Contractors shall have the ability to communicate in English to customers in the office.
Security Clearance / Background Check required. Your candidacy is subject to customer approval and acceptance.
ASR International Corporation is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company and assessed at SEI CMMI Level 3, providing technical services to Government agencies, aerospace, marine, petrochemical and oil & gas industries since 1986. We provide Quality Assurance (QA), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Information Technology (IT), Engineering Support Services.
ASR EEO Policy
ASR is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment and promotion decisions at ASR are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. ASR’s hiring and employment practices are not influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, ancestry, ethnicity, physical or mental handicap / disability which is unrelated to job performance, sexual orientation or any other characteristic / classification protected by law. ASR encourages qualified women, minority, disabled, Vietnam Era Veteran, Special Disabled Veterans, Newly Separated Veterans, Protected Veterans, American Indians or Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander candidates to explore employment opportunities with ASR.