Field Engineer – Construction
One of ASR International Corporation's clients has an upcoming requirement for a Field Engineer – Construction.
Interested candidates please review the opportunity description below, and apply online through the link below, or by emailing email@example.com along with a latest copy of your resume.
TitleField Engineer – Construction
TypeFull Time, Contract
Agency NameUS Navy - NAVFAC Northwest
LocationNaval Base Kitsap (NBK), Bremerton or Bangor, WA
Scope of Work
Provide construction management support services for construction contracts located within the Naval Facilities Engineering System Command Northwest (NAVFAC NW) area of responsibility (AOR).Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Furnish the FEAD or their designated Government representatives with documentation indicating whether the construction conforms to the contract requirements.
- Coordinate requests from Construction Contractor and Client.
- Review Request for Information (RFIs) and provide analysis/comments/recommendations to the Government Representative.
- Review submittals and provide analysis/comments/recommendations to the Government Representative.
- Provide Quality Assurance (QA) of the adequacy of the construction contractor’s quality control program and task
- Participate in all “Preconstruction Meetings”, “Post-Award Kickoff Meetings”, and "Partnering" activities during construction (workshops, meetings, etc.) as required. Attend quality control, preparatory and initial meetings and monitor three-phases of control checklists for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Make visits to project sites to obtain information on facility/site conditions and develop recommendations during project development.
- Monitor compliance with environmental protection requirements and document all findings.
- Follow NAVFAC Business Management System (BMS), Business Operations Plan (BOP) and associated Naval Engineering Training and Operating Procedures Standards (NETOPS) in the execution of required tasks. The BMS describes how NAVFAC provides products and services such as those listed below. The BOP explains the performance level for the construction management team and the NETOPS provides for interim guidance as procedures change due to identified issues.
- Provide construction schedule review/analysis and notes/comments/recommendations.
- Report and document instances of non-compliance with quality control and safety requirements
- Monitor and document construction surveying, materials, and system testing conducted by the construction contractor.
- Act in direct support of the construction manager or engineering technician, and assist that position in performance of various duties not specifically outlined herein.
- Provide review/analysis and notes/comments/recommendations about the daily construction quality control, safety, and production reports.
Qualifications Required for the Position
- Five (5) years of experience as a Field Engineer, Construction Manager, Project Manager, Project Controls Manager, or Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative on Department of Navy or other Department of Defense Construction Projects.
- Knowledge or training in Primavera scheduling software and/or other construction scheduling software packages including logic networking, critical path method of scheduling, and cost loaded schedules is desirable.
- Knowledge of the three-phases of control and Construction Quality Management process is required.
- Sound understanding of construction concepts, principles and practices applicable to multi-disciplined engineering projects and the design, layout, and supervision of construction operation.
- Thorough knowledge of construction practices and methods and construction management skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English in order to report on progress and outcome of technical assignments and to present recommendations to government personnel.
- Physical Requirements. The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing; walking over rough, uneven, or rocky surfaces; recurring bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities; or recurring lifting of moderately heavy items such as record boxes. The work may require specific, but common, physical characteristics and abilities such as above average agility and dexterity. Regularly conducts quality assurance reviews of construction. Much of the time is spent walking, crouching, standing, and climbing high ladders to conduct quality assurance reviews. The work involves moderate risks and discomforts that require special safety precautions, e.g., working around moving parts, carts, or machines exposure to irritant chemicals. Employees may be required to use protective clothing and gear, such as hard hats, masks, coats, boots, goggles, gloves, fall protection, etc.
- Possess a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in engineering, architecture, building construction, construction science, construction management; or a Bachelor of Arts in a business related field. Other Bachelor of Arts degrees are not acceptable. Only degrees from an accredited college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education are acceptable to meet the education requirements. Licensed/Certified Engineers in Training (EIT) Engineers or those Engineers who have passed the Fundamentals-in-Engineering exam in the US are exempt from education requirements. Registered architects in the US are exempt from education requirements. Registered/licensed Professional Foreign Engineers/Architects are exempt from education requirements.
- Possess a current, valid driver’s license issued by a US state or territory.
- Provide satisfactory proof of U.S. citizenship. (U.S. or naturalized).
- Ability to successfully clear background and security checks
Security Clearance / Background Check required. Your candidacy is subject to customer approval and acceptance.
ASR International Corporation is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company and assessed at SEI CMMI Level 3. ASR provides services to Government and Commercial clients throughout the USA and 40 countries worldwide. ASR services include Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Integrated Product Support, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, and Quality Assurance / Quality Control.
ASR EEO Policy
ASR is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment and promotion decisions at ASR are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. ASR’s hiring and employment practices are not influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, ancestry, ethnicity, physical or mental handicap / disability which is unrelated to job performance, sexual orientation or any other characteristic / classification protected by law. ASR encourages qualified women, minority, disabled, Vietnam Era Veteran, Special Disabled Veterans, Newly Separated Veterans, Protected Veterans, American Indians or Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander candidates to explore employment opportunities with ASR.
If you are interested and feel you are qualified, please apply online through the link below, or by forwarding your most current, detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.