Construction Surveillance Engineering Technician (CSET)
One of ASR International Corporation's clients has an upcoming requirement for a Construction Surveillance Engineering Technician (CSET).
Interested candidates please review the opportunity description below, and apply online through the link below, or by emailing email@example.com along with a latest copy of your resume.
TitleConstruction Surveillance Engineering Technician (CSET)
TypeFull Time, Contract
Agency NameConstruction Management Office (CMO), Kings Bay Dry Dock Project
LocationNaval Submarine Base (NSB), Kings Bay, GA
Scope of WorkResponsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate field activities with the construction contractor, Navy client, activity managers, maintenance and utility servers, Federal Fire departments, and Security Police to seamless coordination of construction activities.
- Coordinate requests from the construction contractor for outage requests, excavation permits, burn permits, haul routes and other similar items
- Attend Meetings and pre-construction conferences to present to the construction Contractor the administrative information necessary for execution of the construction contract
- Attend safety meetings to discuss safety violations (if any) committed by the construction Contractor
- Provide observations and performance assessments of the construction contractor’s QC system during CQC meetings with the Government.
- Attend conferences called by the Government with the construction Contractor to discuss partnering, scheduling, potential claims, Red Zone, specific areas of work/ problems during the construction contract
- Collaborate with CMO and other CMSC personnel to draft a Quality Assurance plan
- Prepare Construction Representative’s Reports (CRRs) documenting comments pertaining to the status of contractor efforts, quality of these efforts, and discussions or communications with the construction contractor
- Monitor construction work, perform checks to assure adequacy of the construction Contractor’s quality control, regularly (multiple times per workday) visit the site while the construction contractor is working to ensure compliance and report any problems, deficiencies, or inadequacies within the CRR.
- Prepare Contract Construction Compliance Notices (CCCN) if workmanship and/or material are not in compliance with the construction contract documents, safety infractions
- Monitor the compliance of the construction Contractor with safety requirements and report non compliances
- Monitor the compliance of the construction contractor crane operations, reviewing crane lift plans submitted by the construction contractor, and assist in observing crane setup and preparation for first lift
- Monitor the compliance of the construction Contractor with the environmental protection requirements.
- Monitor by witnessing the measurements and assurance surveying performed by the construction contractor
- Monitor all materials testing conducted by the construction Contractors and their testing laboratories
- Witness testing of waste, gas, water, electrical, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, fire protection, elevator, boiler and energy monitoring control systems as prescribed
- Review Daily Contractor Quality Control (CQC) and Contractor Production Reports (CPRs) for accuracy
- Monitor updates of Submittal Status Logs by reviewing at the job-site office and noting discrepancies on CRR
- Maintain working files for the construction project of all reports, correspondence and make available for CMO
- Monitor construction Contractor field maintenance of “as-built” drawings and monitor changes to drawings
- Collect and perform technical reviews of CPRs, CQC reports, preparatory meeting minutes, initial inspection meeting reports, test data, requests for information, work performance schedules, payroll records, activity hazard analysis documents, shop drawings, material and equipment certifications, and technical submittals
- Coordinate with QC Manager, CME/CSE, and supported command client to attend pre-final/final inspections for validation and acceptance of any definable feature of work (DFOW
- Conduct pre-final inspections by accompanying the Government Representative and prepare a detailed punch list of all items which do not comply with the construction contract or items which have not been completed
- Recommend Payment of Construction Invoices after ensuring all material and labor on the invoice are correct
- Submit a monthly Exposure Report compiling the employee-hours worked each month for all site workers
- Provide Construction Photographic Services by taking and providing to the Government complete progress, record, and other construction photographs; submit completion photographs
Qualifications Required for the Position
- Five (5) years of experience as a Quality Control Manager or Superintendent working for a General Contractor on NAVFAC or USACE projects OR a minimum of ten (10) years of experience working as a Journeyman in one or more of the following trades:
- Carpentry, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, or concrete on commercial/ industrial/ military projects valued in excess of $5 million. Residential experience does not qualify.
- Completed the 30 Hour OSHA Construction Training within the past 2 years.
- Must hold a certificate in USACE Construction Quality Management (CQM) for Contractors Training (maintain valid 5-year certificate) or obtain certification within 60 days of onboarding
- U.S. Citizen and a valid driver’s license
- Ability to perform strenuous activity while working outdoors in extreme heat or cold, working in confined spaces, climbing and using fall protection equipment.
- Active SECRET clearance required
Security Clearance / Background Check required. Your candidacy is subject to customer approval and acceptance.
ASR International Corporation is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company and assessed at SEI CMMI Level 3, providing technical services to Government agencies, aerospace, marine, petrochemical and oil & gas industries since 1986. We provide Quality Assurance (QA), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Information Technology (IT), Engineering Support Services.
ASR EEO Policy
ASR is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment and promotion decisions at ASR are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. ASR’s hiring and employment practices are not influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, ancestry, ethnicity, physical or mental handicap / disability which is unrelated to job performance, sexual orientation or any other characteristic / classification protected by law. ASR encourages qualified women, minority, disabled, Vietnam Era Veteran, Special Disabled Veterans, Newly Separated Veterans, Protected Veterans, American Indians or Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander candidates to explore employment opportunities with ASR.