Construction Surveillance Engineer (CSE)
One of ASR International Corporation's clients has an immediate requirement for a Construction Surveillance Engineer (CSE).
Interested candidates please review the opportunity description below, and apply online through the link below, or by emailing email@example.com along with a latest copy of your resume.
TitleConstruction Surveillance Engineer (CSE)
TypeFull Time, Contract
Agency NameConstruction Management Office (CMO), Kings Bay Dry Dock Project
LocationNaval Submarine Base (NSB), Kings Bay, GA
Scope of WorkResponsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate requests from the construction contractor for outage requests, excavation permits, burn permits, haul routes and other similar items
- Attend preconstruction conferences to present to the construction Contractor the administrative information necessary for execution of the construction contract
- Attend safety meetings to discuss safety violations (if any) committed by the construction Contractor
- Participate with the Government in CQC meetings to discuss the construction Contractor’s QC plan
- Attend conferences called by the Government with the construction Contractor to discuss partnering, scheduling, potential claims, Red Zone, specific areas of work/ problems during the construction contract
- Provide review of submittals designated for “Government” approval which shall include reviewing and providing written comments and recommendations, for approval or disapproval, to the COR
- Provide construction schedule review/analysis and notes/comments/recommendations
- Review progress charts and schedules for construction Contractors
- Review the safety plan submitted to the CMO by the construction Contractor
- Monitor construction work for project CQC compliance with the contract and Contractor-submitted plans
- Prepare Contract Construction Compliance Notices (CCCN).
- Report instances of non-compliance with safety requirements
- Monitor the compliance of the construction contractor crane operations per applicable documents
- Monitor compliance with environmental protection requirements
- Monitor all materials testing conducted by the construction Contractors and their laboratories
- Witness testing of waste, gas, water, electrical, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, fire protection, elevator, boiler and energy monitoring control systems as prescribed in BMS B-18.104.22.168
- Review Daily CQC Reports and Contractor Production Reports (CPRs) and assist with pre-final inspections
- Advise on modification negotiations include preparation of estimates, review of Contractor’s cost proposal
- Prepare an independent construction cost estimate for modifications to construction contracts
- Prepare and submit to the CMO an independent analysis of the modification estimate prepared by others
- Perform spot checks for completeness and accuracy of the construction plans and specifications and to determine the constructability of the facility at the beginning and duration of each Phase of Construction
- Review and provide the CMO with recommended response to construction contractor’s RFIs
Qualifications Required for the Position
- B.S Degree - Architectural, Construction Management, or Engineering or Construction Management degree (four-year degree minimum. Degree may be substituted with an additional five (5) years of experience
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience as a Construction Manager, Project Engineer or Quality Control Manager on commercial/industrial type facilities, utility or waterfront related contracts valued in excess of $5 million.
- Knowledge of construction scheduling methods and familiarity with Primavera Suretrak/ P3/ P6 and Microsoft Project.
- Completed the 30 Hour OSHA Construction Training within the past 2 years.
- Must hold a certificate in USACE Construction Quality Management (CQM) for Contractors Training (maintain valid 5-year certificate) or obtain certification within 60 days of onboarding
- U.S. Citizen and a valid driver’s license
- Ability to perform strenuous activity while working outdoors in extreme heat or cold, working in confined spaces, climbing and using fall protection equipment.
- Active SECRET clearance required
Security Clearance / Background Check required. Your candidacy is subject to customer approval and acceptance.
ASR International Corporation is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company and assessed at SEI CMMI Level 3, providing technical services to Government agencies, aerospace, marine, petrochemical and oil & gas industries since 1986. We provide Quality Assurance (QA), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Information Technology (IT), Engineering Support Services.
ASR EEO Policy
ASR is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment and promotion decisions at ASR are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. ASR’s hiring and employment practices are not influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, ancestry, ethnicity, physical or mental handicap / disability which is unrelated to job performance, sexual orientation or any other characteristic / classification protected by law. ASR encourages qualified women, minority, disabled, Vietnam Era Veteran, Special Disabled Veterans, Newly Separated Veterans, Protected Veterans, American Indians or Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander candidates to explore employment opportunities with ASR.