One of ASR International Corporation's clients has an upcoming requirement for a Biomedical Engineer.
Interested candidates please review the opportunity description below, and apply online through the link below, or by emailing email@example.com along with a latest copy of your resume.
TypeFull Time, Contract
Agency NameUS Naval Medical Command
LocationNorfolk Naval Station, Norfolk, VA
Scope of Work
Logistics and Biomedical Engineering support tasks involve onsite clerical and technical work to support the management and procurement of medical and dental equipment, supplies, and services. The contractor shall acquire a strong understanding of the Operational Forces Support Directorate’s operations in managing the outfitting, modernization and life cycle sustainment of medical and dental equipment and other materiel onboard navy ships and shore based operational Navy units.Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Biomedical Engineering tasks include providing diverse professional biomedical engineering services, reviewing and developing draft technical specifications for medical equipment, providing draft technical evaluations of Contractor proposals to ensure compliance with specifications, providing consultation and advisory services.
- Act as an expert consultant to NMLC, Military Sealift Command (MSC HQ) Hospital Ships Program and to any and all Navy Joint Working Groups that review and propose equipment procurement planning.
- Review and analyze the biomedical requirements of naval operational forces by conducting site visits and assisting in the development of integration strategies for new information technology, image management, imaging, and other medical systems.
- Conduct Navy ship and shore based activity site visits to analyze and make recommendations as to the condition of, replacement, or upgradability of existing equipment.
- Assist in the education and support to other departments within NMLC, MSC HQ Hospital Ships Program and customers to improve the overall understanding of the biomedical requirements for biomedical equipment usage as it applies to naval operational forces platforms.
- Assist in the integration of modernization of or emerging medical equipment technologies into the U.S. Navy operational forces.
- Act as an expert consultant to NMLC and MSC HQ Hospital Ships Program and to any and all Navy Joint Working Groups that review and propose equipment procurement planning.
- Develop draft specifications for medical equipment and provide draft technical evaluations of vendor proposals to ensure compliance to contract specifications.
- Summarize analysis results, evaluate recommendations, and prepare recommended specifications, action items, and briefings.
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of recommendations and solutions based on analysis/evaluation, including reports, proposals, charts, and graphs.
- Attend meetings, work groups, conferences, and other collaborative events as required.
- Assist in maintaining necessary interface with other Government agencies, industry, laboratories, and Contractors to remain cognizant of existing medical technologies and technological breakthroughs, Government acquisition methodologies, and system integration demands and requirements.
- Assist Government officials in upholding relationships with hospitals ships, field clinics, and operational ships throughout the Navy to review equipment needs as well as keep them abreast of technology changes that are occurring within the industry.
- Perform shipboard management and type Desk support for T-AH MTF configuration management projects with MSC N7 engineering personnel.
- Perform shore side support for medical into the MSC SAMM in collaboration with T-AH leadership, MSC N7 engineers and MTF Program Manager.
- Produce monthly reports to identify maintenance and modernization efforts for T-AHs.
- Provide recommendations to the Hospital Ship Program Manager for Diminishing Manufacturing Sources and Material Shortages (DMSMS) risks and solutions and future technology opportunities in support of capability modernization and phased lifecycle equipment replacement programs.
- Provide input for Performance Work Statements, assist with Design and Drawing Package Reviews, and attend Ship checks as required for MTF related items.
Qualifications Required for the Position
- Education - Biomedical Engineering degree preferred or similar degree in Engineering, Life Sciences or Equivalent Field with experience substitution.
- Security Clearance - Secret
- Must be a US Citizen
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in providing specialized support services in program and/or project management and other relevant functions.
- In addition, the five (5) years of experience are required to include:
- Familiarity with the DoD and Navy supply and logistics operations in providing medical materiel logistics support for ships undergoing modernization and equipment life cycle sustainment on active duty ships. Also an understanding of medical and dental equipment, supplies, and services and possesses the ability to differentiate by vendor, brand model, and solicitation and/or requisition categories.
- Knowledge of the relationship of procurement considerations, IT systems and files, provisioning, transportation, storage, cataloging, maintenance and repair, disposal, etc. to provide a life cycle and logistics program management.
- Knowledge and operational understanding of the following DoD logistics databases. These include but are not limited to:
- Department of Defense- Federal Mall (DoD FedMall)
- Web Federal Logistics Information System (WEBFLIS)
- Defense Medical Logistics Standard Support (DMLSS/LOGICOL)
- Defense Medical Logistics Item Identification System (DMLIIS)
- Medical Contingency Requirements Workflow (MCRW)
- Familiarity with various DoD sources of supply to effectively determine source selection for optimal medical materiel logistics supportability.
- Ability to coordinate and develop plans of actions and milestones to effectively monitor and assure effective supply and program support.
- Familiarity with common technical terms and specifications relative to medical products, supplies and services, and the ability to effectively communicate these with vendors and/or customers.
- Ability to enter logistics data in electronic systems accurately and quickly.
- Ability to communicate with the customer and provide an exceptional level of customer service.
- Knowledge and skills in using a variety of automated computer software applications (including Microsoft Office Suite), as well as office automation keyboarding or typing skills, for the performance of duties.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and complete multiple tasks in a specified time.
- Ability to learn and effectively utilize the following NMLC applications. These include but are not limited to:
- Fleet Procurement Program (FPP)
- Navy Allowance Information Logistics System (NAILS)
- Allowance Change Request (ACR)
- Assemblage Management Program (AMP)
Security Clearance / Background Check required. Your candidacy is subject to customer approval and acceptance.
ASR International Corporation is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company and assessed at SEI CMMI Level 3, providing technical services to Government agencies, aerospace, marine, petrochemical and oil & gas industries since 1986. We provide Quality Assurance (QA), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Information Technology (IT), Engineering Support Services.
ASR EEO Policy
ASR is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment and promotion decisions at ASR are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. ASR’s hiring and employment practices are not influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, ancestry, ethnicity, physical or mental handicap / disability which is unrelated to job performance, sexual orientation or any other characteristic / classification protected by law. ASR encourages qualified women, minority, disabled, Vietnam Era Veteran, Special Disabled Veterans, Newly Separated Veterans, Protected Veterans, American Indians or Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander candidates to explore employment opportunities with ASR.