One of ASR International Corporation's clients has an immediate requirement for a Administrative Assistant.
Interested candidates please review the opportunity description below, and apply online through the link below, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org along with a latest copy of your resume.
TypeFull Time, Contract
Agency NameCommander, Naval Meteorology and Oceanography Command (CNMOC)
LocationCommander, Naval Meteorology and Oceanography Command (CNMOC), Stennis Space Center, MS
Scope of WorkResponsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Routine clerical, reception, administrative, and secretarial duties for the division or office requiring minimal tasking by department personnel.
- Utilize Microsoft Office suite of software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) to accurately type and edit basic correspondence; enter data; retrieve data; search databases; conduct research; create documents; and send emails.
- Process, route, and file correspondence, documents, tips, complaints, and inquiries by the public
- Draft DoD, DON, and COMNAVMETOCCOM forms for the division approval to include: time and attendance forms, visitor access requests, desktop publication requests, facilities requests, or office supplies and maintenance needs requests.
- Monitor (log, format, route and track) and retrieve existing COMNAVMETOCCOM agreements (Memorandum of Agreement (MOA), Memorandum of Understanding (MOU), Cooperative Research and Development Agreement (CRADA), etc.) and policies when requested and notify Technical Assistant (TA) or designated authority prior to expiration of internal policies that require updating.
- Answer and route telephone calls, record accurate messages and document questions as needed for follow-ups and communicate to department personnel.
- Assist the public and/or employees at front reception counter: greet visitors, answer routine questions, and locate documents and files.
- Arrange video conference meetings and technology set up, and/or appropriate COMNAVMETOCCOM IT support for teleconferences and video teleconferencing.
- Process, sort, and deliver incoming and outgoing mail.
- Print, copy, fax, scan, assemble, distribute and file documents and maintains files.
- Schedule appointments and maintain monthly calendar; schedule meetings and meeting room.
- Prepare travel orders and coordinate travel arrangements.
- Track and maintain department monthly administrative and travel budget controls for department’s supervisor review and approval.
- Prepare agendas for meetings and meeting schedules.
- Attend meetings to record meeting minutes.
- Maintain and organize supplies; maintain and stock pre-approved office supplies and equipment.
- Interact with other COMNAVMETOCCOM offices, departments, and outside organizations to obtain and provide general information as directed by the TA or designated authority.
- From information provided by COMNAVMETOCCOM personnel, draft communications for governmental review and arrange for dissemination of agendas.
Qualifications Required for the Position
- 1-2 years of Administrative Assistant experience
- High School diploma required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite software (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and devices (e.g., iPhone).
- Experience in performing administrative duties in an office setting, and must be proficient in using computer equipment and software (e.g., Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word)
- Excellent verbal, telephone and written communication skills
- Be able to work well with Senior Executives, Managers and staff and have experience communicating with the public
- Have experience writing standard office correspondence and knowledge of paper and electronic office filing systems
Security Clearance / Background Check required. Your candidacy is subject to customer approval and acceptance.
ASR International Corporation is an ISO 9001:2015 certified company and assessed at SEI CMMI Level 3, providing technical services to Government agencies, aerospace, marine, petrochemical and oil & gas industries since 1986. We provide Quality Assurance (QA), Supply Chain Management (SCM), Information Technology (IT), Engineering Support Services.
ASR EEO Policy
ASR is committed to the policy of equal employment opportunity. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment and promotion decisions at ASR are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. ASR’s hiring and employment practices are not influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, ancestry, ethnicity, physical or mental handicap / disability which is unrelated to job performance, sexual orientation or any other characteristic / classification protected by law. ASR encourages qualified women, minority, disabled, Vietnam Era Veteran, Special Disabled Veterans, Newly Separated Veterans, Protected Veterans, American Indians or Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiian or other Pacific Islander candidates to explore employment opportunities with ASR.